Thursday, 29 January 2009
Wednesday, 28 January 2009
Tuesday, 27 January 2009
A day after I wrote that I'm thinking of getting one and taking advantage of pound sterling plummetting to the lowest low, I head down to Apple Superstore at Regent Street. There it was, shiny shimmery iPod Touch on the display table. The desire just can't be controlled. But... wait a minute. My mind suddenly ticked. I can't just buy it without comparing the prices. Where can I checked the price of other store, my mind just wondered.
But hey! It's Apple Store, dude. With the wireless connection available in store, I picked on of those Touch on display and voila... suddenly I'm online. Checking here and there, at John Lewis, Currys and Comet. Which one's better? Hmm.. at last everyone just offering the same price. Finally, I made up my mind. Apple Superstore it is. Eventhough just one pound pricier, at least I could get one of those Apple bag!
So, after almost a week with Touch, my verdict? Amazing. What a great gadget.
- The flip of one pages to the other is uncomparable! The scrolling from top to bottom of pages is so damn flawless. And pretty quick too.
- I have to say I love the calendar feature. With the alarm, I really help a lot. Now my life is so much manageable (I think..).
- The App Store is superb. With the choice of gazillion applications, paid or free, iPod is really making other PDAs run out of their money. Now I can read the iQuran with the flick of a finger! And plays Solitaire.. and Hangman.. and learn Arabic.
- Video playback is great. Now I can watch the video podcast anywhere. No need to go to that UCL Lunch Hour free lecture anymore!
- Look ma, I can surf the web! Plus there's YouTube, Map and Mail icon waiting to be poked. (Provided I'm in the Wifi spot)
- The music playback... oh so much better with volume rocker and the speaker on. No need to plug in the earfone anymore. (Hmm.. talking 'bout annoying the Tube commuters..)
- The best of all.. it's super skinny compared to iPhone!
The only drawback? It's not smudge-free. Damn fingerprint-philic. That's why I'm currently slipping it inside the Giorgio Armani mini pouch (of my Samsung Armani). What more designer can I say.
Me and my iPod. Match made in Apple Store. I do...
Monday, 26 January 2009
- The LV monogram is taken to a new level - in black leather, choice of holdall, tote and briefcase.
- Even the classic brown monogram canvas range is given a new twist - with quilted honeycomb facade and some with leather trimmings.
- New Damier Graphite carryall, resembling Damier Graphite Leoh.
- And the most fun in the range - the shopper bags in gleaming deep indigo, maroon and silver. All with the signature LV monogramme.
Sunday, 25 January 2009
Thursday, 22 January 2009
Tuesday, 20 January 2009
- Thinner compared to Touch 1st gen. The bezel is curved at the side.
- Volume rocker. This is a great welcome since you don't have to change the volume 'virtually'
- Speaker - Touch 1G don't have speaker. Though not that so loud, it helps to have a speaker for some music playing sans the earphones.
- The new Application software - you can add anything like shopping list, games, business applications, etc, etc via the iTunes. Some free, some you gotta pay for it.
- Integration with Nike+. Great if you wanna check your calorie count after running. (As if I wanna go jogging LOL!)
- Very streamlined design. The earphone jack fit seamlessly to the body. No more weird protruding point!
- But the bad side? The shiny aluminum backside is very smudge-philic. But who cares when you can get a nice sheath to cover it right?
The same range - laptop bag and luggage - has been previously featured in Shortlist's Style issue. Amazing look, but damn pricey.